miércoles, 4 de marzo de 2015

The 'IBMDADB2.1' provider is not registered on the local machine

Today I was fighthing with an error when I was trying to execute a query against a DB2 database.

I was using IIS 7.5 and the applications seemed to be working fine but when the application needed to execute a query, it throwed that error!

"The 'IBMDADB2.1' provider is not registered on the local machine"

I, as you probably did, google it and found some good tips but no one solve my issue. Some involved to register the dll, to give permissions for IUSR in a IBM/... folder, etc. but it was still failing.

Finally, I realized the application was using the defaul Application Pool for ASP.NET 2.0 applications and then I found the bug!

IBMDADB2.1 was installed as a 32 bits application, so I have to set Enable 32-bit Applications to True for the website application pool/Advance Settings... and that's it!





Hope this help you and save you some time!


PS: A beter solution could be to install IBMDADB2.1 for 64 bits but it was not my case (I was not able to install it)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor, deja un comentario, positivo o negativo, pero respetuoso.
Please be polite in your comments, and be my guest!